Is this a test?

OK. What is with this week?

For starters, I’ve been exhausted from little sleep last weekend in NJ/NY/CT. This has caused the work week to just drag and me to be oblivious to almost everything.

Yesterday, I had to deal with all of this. The fact that I have to start job-hunting again is stressing beyond belief. It continued after I drenched myself. I never did eat yesterday until I got home, but back up a bit. Being fed up as I was, I planned on leaving work early to save what little sanity I had left. Didn’t happen, because of course, people came to me at 4:30 to print stuff. My skirt somewhat dries and I finally leave. The bus is like 15 minutes late. I make it to the Fenway meeting and manage to stay awake throughout the whole thing. Amazing, I know.

After the meeting, I take off right away. Said, “Hi,” to no one so I wouldn’t miss my train. Lately the orange line has been stalling like crazy, and I mean like stuck for 30+ minutes in one station. I’m reluctant to leave the train, ’cause you know when I finally do, the train will start moving. Wednesday, that’s what I did. I left at Downtown to run to the green line so I wouldn’t miss my commuter rail. I made it but just barely. This time, after the meeting, I thought it would be wise to not depend on the orange line. I walked to Prudential knowing I had plenty of time to spare. I get down there and it’s obvious that the train hasn’t come in a while ’cause there’s a horde of people downstairs. I figure, it’s good. This means it should be coming soon. Not so. I waited a good 20 minutes. Nothing. I leave the station and run back to Mass. Ave. station just to see the orange line leave. So much for catching the commuter rail. I call my mom and she offers to get me in Malden. The orange line is dead from one point on so they’re busing. I sit there forever and the train finally comes… and goes right by. AHHHHH!!!! Eventually, I get to Malden and go home. Egad.

The day is finally over and I can go to bed and then start another, hopefully better, day. Well, today I missed my bus at Alewife ’cause the red line delayed. Marvelous. But then I got to work and had a pumpkin muffin waiting for me. Thanks, Lori.

Dude, and here’s what just happened now. I just got an e-mail from my EX… the screwy one. No, the other screwy one. The one I haven’t seen or heard about in 4+ years and had since forgotten unless Paul and I are having one of our “who-has-the-most-screwed-up-ex” discussions. Right now I am beyond disturbed. Ah, the joys of having one’s own website and having a name unlike any other. This is one of those times where I wish I had a name like Smith or Jones. He said he found it when he was on Google looking up friends from high school. Yeah, and I’m really sure one of your high school friends was named Glinnen.

I usually check my e-mail like every couple of minutes hoping to have some e-mail entertainment or as of recently, people asking to hire me. So I hit “refresh” and see his name in my inbox. I’m like, “Maybe it’s a mistake or junk mail,” ’cause sometimes it happens. You get mail with a name of some person that’s the same as someone you might know; for instance, when I get e-mails saying, “Kara Glinnen wants to invite you to a new chat room.” Oh boy! Someone with the same name as me wants to invite ME somewhere! .

This is one person I never thought I’d hear from again. This one actually rivals my other ex as far as screwy is concerned. I’d say they’re about equal in different ways. You know, 12 of one, half-dozen of another. Anyway, it’s annoying. What a thing to see in your inbox at the end of an exhausting crappy week. Good thing the week is over soon.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *